Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Video Embed: Jenna Marbles 'I Hate Being A Grown Up'
First, I would like to start off by saying Jenna Marbles is one of my YouTube idols! On another note this video pinpoints being privileged. For this case being a child versus being an adult. I know that there is many definitions on "being privileged" but how I see it being a kid with little to no responsibilities is a huge privilege. Being a kid we have no major money worries like bills because we have no job. Our main goal of being a kid is succeeding in school, i.e. graduating high school or receiving a diploma in college. Being a kid anything can be possible because "one of the virtues of being very young is that you don't let the facts get in the way of your imagination." - Sam Levenson. To me that is why kids are so privilege. Imagination is so great where they go through couple phases a day and having kids burden on so many task like an adult stops them from branching out and becoming their unique self. On a more personal note, I was the oldest sister being raised by a single mom. I had to figure out how to push myself to my limits and keep pushing so I can set an example for my younger siblings. Also I had to pick up a discipline figure so it was not fun at times being in my shoes because I would get the typical "I hate you" and "your not my mother" sayings thrown at me. While being compared to an adult the children is more privilege. Child compared to another child that is a different case.
The responsibilities of an adult seems to be a burden. No wonder everyone grows up to wrinkles everywhere and being shriveled. A typical adult has bills/payments to be made, a consistent paying job, mouths to feed, and on top of all that the little chores throughout the day. It seems like an adult can never quit. However I am only speaking for the typical adults out there not the lazy asses that live off of government. In The Book of Lost Things, John Connolly stated "For in every adult there dwells the the child that was, and in every child there lies the adult that will be." I guess there is no escaping this world of adulthood. Live your childhood out because with no responsibilities who would want to grow up?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment